The WestSide Overdrive is a bluesy, low-gain overdrive inspired by a certain English-made pedal from 1991 … which was inspired by a certain English-made amplifier from 1962. Don’t worry. There will not be a test.
Warm, rich and transparent. The sound of an icon, but with more flexibility and at an afforable price.
The Cleveland Music Co. WestSide Overdrive is inspired by the classic Blues Breaker—both the amp and the pedal. After poring over the schematics of the original JTM 45 amplifier, the original pedal, and many pedals based on both, we applied what we feel are the strengths of each to the WestSide. Not content to be a rehash of the past, the WestSide Overdrive offers additional tonal and clipping options, increased output volume, and a powerful presence control so it can play nicely with any rig. The result is a touch-sensitive, bluesy, low-gain overdrive that stacks especially well with our other low- to medium-gain drives, and gives you all the presence you need to stand out.
VOLUME: Sets the overall output volume. Unity gain is around 2 o’clock, so the classic “low-gain, high-volume” configuration can really push the front of a tube amp with the volume cranked.
GAIN: Clockwise for more gain; counter-clockwise for less. There is a little more gain available than from typical pedals of this style, so be brave and explore. But for those looking for the so-called traditional sweet spots, try the 9 o’clock to noon range.
PRESENCE: Sets the amount of Presence. Fully counter-clockwise for most rigs (start here!); clockwise to brighten up a dark amp or guitar pickups.
TONE: Clockwise for more treble; counter-clockwise for less.
COMP | OPEN:
- Compressed is the traditional clipping option for this style pedal, producing a rich, saturated overdrive tone.
- Open inserts LEDs as the clipping diodes, resulting in a brighter, louder, and more open sound.
True-bypass switching. Audio and power jacks are on top to save space on your pedal board. The pedal is industry-standard 125B in size.
WestSide Overdrive Nerd Notes
- NEW for 2023! A rugged powder-coated, UV-printed enclosure
- Awesome solid aluminum knobs
- Neutrik audio jacks
- Kobiconn power jack
- Taiway switches
- Premium soft-touch latching footswitch (sourced from GØRVA Design)
- Kemet/WIMA polyester film capacitors
- Royal Ohm 1% metal film resistors
- MLCC C0G dielectrics in the audio path (for the hardcore nerds out there)
The Cleveland Music Co. WestSide Overdrive is handmade in limited runs in Cleveland, Ohio, using high-quality components and custom designed PCBs.